CreativeBooks

Everything I read and was able to post about in 2005. Entries dated on the date each book was finished.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dexter, Michigan, United States

I've been taking photos since I eagerly asked for and received my first camera on my 12th birthday. Naturally, I was made for scrapbooking. I also enjoy knitting, quilting, and swimming. I used to be CreativeExile; my email still reflects that!

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Isle of Palms

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

I occasionally get my fill of Southern writers in just one sitting. This book would be this summer's fill.

The narrator's voice is so annoying, I nearly threw it across the room on several occasions (oh, damn, that is one funny dangling participle. I'm just going to leave it where it is. You can throw a voice, after all...hee). And if I hear one more Lowcountry author going on about the importance of the Gullah language and people (okay, okay, we GET IT already), I will swear off sweet tea forever.

Still, Benton Frank's characters are certainly memorable, and, given this was another of my book convention freebies, I need to just mark this one off as a week of lost reading time and be done with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home