CreativeBooks

Everything I read and was able to post about in 2005. Entries dated on the date each book was finished.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dexter, Michigan, United States

I've been taking photos since I eagerly asked for and received my first camera on my 12th birthday. Naturally, I was made for scrapbooking. I also enjoy knitting, quilting, and swimming. I used to be CreativeExile; my email still reflects that!

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Celebration of Fools



I don't regularly read business books, but since I worked for JCPenney from 1984-1988, I was obviously intrigued by this one. The following also summed up my feelings for my latest company (a small publisher bought out by larger and larger corporations) and made me glad I stopped working for them when I did:

"Penney's had drifted from being a company of merchants to an organization of managers, with its focus changing from serving customers and communities to maximizing sales and profits." (pg. 270)

Replace "merchants" with "quality publishing," "customers" and "communities" with "readers," and you're describing my last employer to a tee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home