CreativeBooks

Everything I read and was able to post about in 2005. Entries dated on the date each book was finished.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dexter, Michigan, United States

I've been taking photos since I eagerly asked for and received my first camera on my 12th birthday. Naturally, I was made for scrapbooking. I also enjoy knitting, quilting, and swimming. I used to be CreativeExile; my email still reflects that!

Saturday, January 22, 2005

In Her Shoes



My sister-in-law and I share a terrible secret...she is my supplier of Chick Lit. Out in the open, she reads super-thrillers like James Patterson and Harlan Coban; I am regularly seen reading a perfectly respectable biography or historical fiction (NOT historical romance).

Alas, we both need to unwind in the privacy of our own homes with filler such as this. Not that I should be quick to dismiss Weiner's work as Bridget Jones fluff (see my next entry up for that type of stuff). Weiner covers serious topics like self-image, manic-depression, and care of the elderly, all while creating likeable characters, getting the romance going, and delivering a satisfying ending.

Her books are immensely readable, something I find difficult with some British authors (again, see above). I finished this one in just under 3 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home