CreativeBooks

Everything I read and was able to post about in 2005. Entries dated on the date each book was finished.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dexter, Michigan, United States

I've been taking photos since I eagerly asked for and received my first camera on my 12th birthday. Naturally, I was made for scrapbooking. I also enjoy knitting, quilting, and swimming. I used to be CreativeExile; my email still reflects that!

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Irish Gold



The less said about this book, the better. It's only redeeming quality was the trip down memory lane it inspired, and reveries about my trip to Ireland in 1988. I was shocked to hear Fr. Greely concocted an entire mystery series with these characters. The plot was preachy(haha, no pun intended), the characters boring and "too perfect," Greely's writing, on the whole, repetitive (I found actual phrases repeated verbatim within 2 pages of each other!).

I barely slogged through this, and learned very little in the way of Irish history. Except that perhaps I'd like to see the Liam Neeson movie Michael Collins, to figure out what the fuss is about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home