CreativeBooks

Everything I read and was able to post about in 2005. Entries dated on the date each book was finished.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dexter, Michigan, United States

I've been taking photos since I eagerly asked for and received my first camera on my 12th birthday. Naturally, I was made for scrapbooking. I also enjoy knitting, quilting, and swimming. I used to be CreativeExile; my email still reflects that!

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Pirates!

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

No, that's not Johnny Depp on the cover, it's a girl! What a terrific book. Now, here's a book for teens (besides chick lit, I have a fondness for young adult novels) with class. Well-rounded characters, great bits of history (as an American student, I learned nothing about the English port of Bristol; here I learned its importance in the shipping industry), and immensely readable (I've got to stop using that phrase. But it is my ultimate compliment).

I learned a lot about the people who became pirates (including women) and about their life on the high seas. Best of all, it's got Girl Power. Highly recommended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home