CreativeBooks

Everything I read and was able to post about in 2005. Entries dated on the date each book was finished.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dexter, Michigan, United States

I've been taking photos since I eagerly asked for and received my first camera on my 12th birthday. Naturally, I was made for scrapbooking. I also enjoy knitting, quilting, and swimming. I used to be CreativeExile; my email still reflects that!

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Knocked out by my Nunga-Nungas

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

This series is just plain fun. I love the glossary of British teen expressions in the back. The author has a great voice and you find yourself thinking, if not talking (my British accent sucks), just like the lead character -- at a breakneck pace, full of witty observations and self-depreciating comments.

I can read one of these in a day, which tells me the publishers are milking it; all of the books could be combined into one big one, but then the publishers wouldn't make as much money, right? (No, not bitter about my experience in publishing at all, not me!) That's my only gripe. As if teenagers wouldn't be caught dead with a big, thick book in their hands. It's much "cooler" to carry short pocket-sized (or backpack-sized) books, I guess. And get ripped off to the tune of $21 for three smaller books, as opposed to $6.99 for one big one.

Then again, series are the "thing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home