CreativeBooks

Everything I read and was able to post about in 2005. Entries dated on the date each book was finished.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dexter, Michigan, United States

I've been taking photos since I eagerly asked for and received my first camera on my 12th birthday. Naturally, I was made for scrapbooking. I also enjoy knitting, quilting, and swimming. I used to be CreativeExile; my email still reflects that!

Friday, September 23, 2005

French Women Don't Get Fat

by Mireille Guiliano

At first, I thought this book was certainly ghost-written. Nobody puts in all those annoying French phrases themselves. Perhaps I'm wrong. But I was pleased to see that many of her suggestions are things I'm already doing for myself, and I won't have to attempt that horrible idea of "recasting." Two days of nothing but leek soup! Egads.

I've already written down everything I eat for weeks on end through Weight Watchers. I know what I over-do (cereal, and dairy products in general...I have always loved milk...and chocolate in many of its "poorer" American forms...although I have a natural love for the taste of 70%+ cocoa/bittersweet chocolate she recommends).

I try to drink plenty of water (another WW preaching point). My swimming takes care of the fact that there are few opportunities to walk in America -- stores and shopping areas are built too far from suburbs and many "downtown" areas...my hometown village included. Apparently swimming and yoga are the only "respectable" exertions a French woman can be seen doing, since they "don't do gyms."

I can't really call myself a couch potato since I don't watch a lot of TV (or sit around eating in front of the TV)...My biggest sit-on-my-ass fault lies in reading, and knitting. I try to enjoy every bite of food that goes into my mouth, and I love to cook and experiment with new foods (yes, even leeks).

If anything, this book made me realize how French I really am...already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home